01 December 2011

01 December 2011

Today was a big roller coaster for me, very high downs and some super highs. I was emotional, angry, sad, happy, and numb all in one today. I got some news that I really wasn't expecting and didn't want to admit, but life goes on. My doctor tells me that it's the first step to moving forward. I had an appointment this morning with him and he's setting me up with a nutritionist even though I really want to do Paleo and have successfully done so today, he does not want me to go through with it. I suppose I will have to see what the nutritionist has for suggestions. At this point I will try whatever I can (of course healthy) to lose the weight I need to and to feel better.

After the doctor, I got to come home with my sick baby and try to calm her enough to sleep, of course it was impossible. She woke up this morning with an extremely stuffed nose and labored breathing. The first thing I do is to try to get everything out to get her uncomfortable. She was absolutely miserable all day and I felt nothing but sympathy for my pathetic child. :( I feel her pain, and it only multiplies. Of course, I understand she will be completely fine in a couple of days, but I don't like her being so sick/upset.

I think the doctor appointment ruined my day for me, put me in a terrible mood, and I had definitely shown it to everyone around me. I tried to smirk or smile, but it just wasn't happening. I know that these blogs are up and down, but I think in the next few weeks people will notice I will be more consistent. I was feeling awful all day until I got to go home, early no less from work :). My mood was instantly lifted when I had seen a long time friend in my kitchen and gave me a big hug! I know that Andrew was super excited to see his best friend from so long ago and that just made me so happy. Mike came to visit with his girlfriend whom I like(which is a plus since they will be here for a couple of days). It is so unbelievably nice to see a friendly and familiar face. I do have friends here, friends who I love very much, but there's something about a little piece of home that just completes me. Even if it for only a couple of days. :)


No comments: